Do online reviews affect your business?
Online reviews are here to stay. How can you ensure positive feedback and use reviews to your benefit?
One of the most frequent issues or concerns I talk most about with my clients is reviews of their businesses. They want to know:
- Do online reviews really matter?
- How to get more positive reviews?
- What to do if I get a bad review?
In today’s market place positive reviews and testimonials have become an essential part of any savvy business on the web. These businesses realize the value and the benefit of being proactive and gathering these reviews from their happy clients.
Did you know:
- Nearly 1 in 3 people online post reviews of some type.
- 40% of people with incomes in excess of $150,000 post reviews.
- Review website Yelp has seen traffic nearly double since January 2010.
- Google Trends show a very steady increase in the number of searches for review information. i.e. "Honda Pilot Review"
- Search Engine integration with Social Networks now helps connect reviews your friends have made with what you see.
- A referral from a friend is more likely to convert into a sale.
Stay on top of it
Managing your reviews and keeping an eye on your reputation online is so important. Google recently launched a new tool to help you manage your identity online called “Me on the Web.” Google realizes how easy it has become to post information about yourself and how easy it has become for others to post information about you and how this can affect you and your business.
Remember if you get a bad review it’s not the worst thing ever! If all of your reviews are 5 stars it looks you had all your friends and family review your business, so a less than perfect review brings some validity to all your reviews. If you do get a negative review don’t just let it sit there, address it. There is a spot on all review sites that allows the owner to comment back, make sure you do this. It shows others that are reading it that you care but don't play the blame game. Take responsibility and do what's right but remember that potential clients and customers can see how you handle a bad review.
I hope these tips helped and if you would like to discuss reviews and options to get more positive or take care of negative ones I would be happy to talk with you.