Social Media Optimization
What is Social Media Optimization?
Social Media Optimization (SMO) is the practice of utilizing social networks to help gain exposure around your brand, product, service, or specific marketing campaign. Social Media Optimization brings down barriers to people finding your content, sharing your content, and talking about your content.
The goal of social media sites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and LinkedIn is to share information. The more information you put out there and make “shareable” the more ways you can engaged these networks.
Now more than ever it’s very important for your business to start incorporating social media strategies into your internet marketing. If you are unsure about optimizing for social media, check out these statistics:
- The average American Internet user watches 30 minutes of video online per day [40 percent increase over 2009] (comScore) Compared to 5 hours of television per day
- 22 percent of Fortune 500 companies now have a public-facing blog that has at least one post in the past 12 months (comScore)
- 4 percent of adults on the Internet use location-based services (Pew Internet Research)
- Social networking site usage grew 88 percent among Internet users aged 55-64 between April 2009 and May 2010 (Pew Research)
- In 2009, social gamers bought $2.2 billion in virtual goods; Predicted to increase to $6 billion by 2013. (NPDGroup)
- 75 percent: The percentage of U.S. iPad users that are interested in seeing videos within magazine ads on their iPad. (eMarketer via David Erickson)
- The change in social media use among Baby Boomers 55-64 rose from 9% in Dec. 2008 to 43% in Dec. 2010 (Marketingcharts.com via David Erickson)
- More than 250 million people use Facebook Connect every month. (Facebook)
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
We use a well rounded approach to Social Media Optimization where your website is the hub and all networks feed into it.
Neon Rain understands the importance of being active with social media. We can help you develop and implement a social media campaign that not only works but gets results. There is no reason why you should not get on board and start getting social with your business.
If you want to know how Neon Rain can help your social media campaign or just have some questions please contact us today.